Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pre-Race

Well, I missed blogging yesterday so here's a brief recap on yesterday.

Yesterday Gavin and I were supposed to do another 7 miler but I was dead again. I struggled to complete an easy 4 ending at Gavin's house while he finished up his next 3 miles. Morale was pretty low at this point, but you have to remind yourself that you just have to hop back on the horse the next day. Afterwards, Gavin and I met up with Mike, Zak, and Courtney for some grub at Panera. This really helped lift my spirits and get my mind off the really poor successive running days. I played the role of a vulture and ate everybody's leftovers. You'd be surprised how good I actually ate. Afterwards, I dropped Gavin off, went home, showered, and was off to Jordyns with Joe. We played Mario Kart and feasted with the Skwerskys. They made some awesome home fries, steak, and broccoli. Yum. Joe and I polished off all the leftovers. We were writing on Jordyn's wall when Emily surprised us! We all played trough Mario Kart Double Dash to unlock the Special Cup because obviously Jordyn didn't unlock it. What a noob. Joe left, Emily drove me home later, I played Gears of War until 2, and passed out. January 6th, 2012 complete.


On a more current note, I'm running a 5k at Hecksher State Park tomorrow morning at 11 am. I'm not sure how hard I'm going to run it yet but I'll figure it out in the morning. I've treated these upcoming days as more of base training so as of now and I'm thinking of treating the race as a tempo workout. Tempos have always been the toughest workout for me. It does however make sense when you consider how I run in Cross Country. Because of the nature of cross country in terms of hills, terrain, and length, I tend to lag far behind what you would expect of me. This I relate to my poor performance in tempo workouts. I'll save details for another day, but tempos essentially increase the effort it takes to reach anaerobic activity. According to this, mine is fairly low.

Before any race, I always like to do an easy 4 miler just to get my legs feeling fresh and do active isolated stretches. So, this evening I did just that. I'm feeling good, and eating right. Tonight, I'll get some goodnight sleep at my dad's house. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment