Thursday, January 5, 2012

Allergies or Break Down part II?

Today, I woke up and texted Gavin right away. He said he was going to take a day off instead of going to Connetquot. He needed it because he's had a tough couple of days. I texted Chubz and Alex hoping to commandeer their runs. Chubz was just about to go so I drove on up to good ol' Sachem East and parked next to him. It was much colder on top of Town Hall hill and within minutes of starting our run my hands were immobilized. I wasn't feeling to great again. My legs felt fine, but my lungs and back felt really tight and breathing was rough. My lungs had felt congested after I got to Ringo's last night. My allergies always act up at his house yet I don't know why. After about 2 difficult miles in the trails, I called it a day and walked back to my car. I waited for Chubz to finish because I've never been one to leave someone behind. He got back, we talked for a few minutes, and went home. At home, I was feeling pretty low. I didn't feel like eating, showering, or anything for that matter. For the rest of the day, I just sat on my bed playing Skyrim. Then, I thought to myself that the only thing I can do is be better for tomorrow.

After thinking for a while, I left my room, ate, and showered. I did some laundry and made myself a quality turkey sandwich. Chubz asked around 4:15 if I wanted to do his workout with him. The workout was 18x200 at 35-38 with 30 seconds rest. As much as I love 200s, I really needed to rest up. On the other hand, I know how hard it is to workout alone at night, so I tagged along to take splits. Back in mid-November, Jimmy came along to take my splits through (600-400-300-200)x2 at 1:50, 73, 48, 30. Friends and training partners make all the difference. More often than not I find running on my own can be more of a responsibility than a pleasure. When you're with friends it's hanging out. There's nothing better than a hard, long run with good friends. Chubz closed the workout looking and I made sure to keep him to his rest.

Tonight, the High School guys have a track meet and Tommy is running the 3200. I'm really interested to see what he'll run. Tommy has a lot of talent and I expect to see great things from him over his next 2 years left of high school. For now though, I'm sitting in his kitchen waiting for Chubz to get out of the shower. We're getting Five Guys before the meet with Alex...prepare to feast!

1 comment:

  1. MMM MMM MMM Five Guys. I hope you guys shared the fries. A nice indulgence after consecutive days of training.

    ReplyDelete